Soto ayam 2 portions
1/2 kg chicken
250 gr vermicelli (soaked in warm water)
200 gr bean sprouts (boiled)
1 lemon (take the juice)
1 ts fried onions
1 ts coriander leaves
1 lt water
3 candle nuts (ground)
1 ts coriander seeds (ground)
3 cloves of garlic
1 ts turmeric powder
1 stalk lemongrass (cut small)
salt, pepper, oil and chicken broth (as you like)
* some put galangal and ginger (but I don't like them)
How to cook!
- Boil 1 lt of water with the whole onions, ground candle nuts, ground coriander seeds, garlic and cut lemongrass and also the chicken. (Some people like it with the bones)
- Put the turmeric powder, salt, pepper, oil and chicken broth.
- Take the chicken and onions out. Cut the chicken into small pieces (julienne if possible) and smash the onions, then put them back into the soup.
- Prepare the toppings!
- Pour the soup into a bowl, and put the vermicelli and bean sprouts inside the soup.
- Arrange the toppings as you like and pour the lemon juice on the top.
- Eat with sweet soy sauce and ABC sambal :P